College of Liberal Arts (CLA) Advising & Student Resources
- In-person and virtual appointments are available!
- Drop-in advising will ONLY be offered via Zoom. No in-person drop-ins.
- NOW AVAILABLE! Second Years can meet with a CLA Peer (Student) Advisor
First Year Students (not transfers): Visit the Mustang Success Center (first year advising)
Location: Building 47, Room 22B
Schedule an Appointment with a CLA Advisor:
- LAES and perspective LAES majors should meet with Katie or Sabrina
- Cal Poly Scholars should prioritize meeting with Jacob, but can meet with any Advisor
- Students considering taking time off should meet with Jacob
Second Years can meet with a Peer Advisor!
Schedule with a Specific CLA Advisor:
Lead Academic Advisor
Multicultural Academic Advisor
Tôi nói Tiếng Việt
CP Scholar Advisor
Leave of Absence Advisor
CLA Associate Dean for Student Success, Kate Murphy, is also available to meet with students. Dr. Murphy is an advocate for students who typically works with returning students, those in disqualified (DQ) status, and those navigating difficult, complex, or sensitive situations. You can also email her with questions and concerns directly at email@example.com.
Every Thursday beginning 9/22
Starting Sept. 22, Dean Williams will be holding special "Drop-in on the Dean" hours from 10 to 11 a.m. every Thursday on Zoom.
Watch for an email every Thursday morning with more information, including the zoom link for virtual sessions.
Students are also welcome to email Dean Williams any time with questions and concerns directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Liberal Arts Advising Center
We encourage students to meet with an academic advisor at least once a year to ensure good progress towards earning your degree. Professional advisors and peer advisors in the CLA Advising Center can help students with a wide range of topics, including:
- Academic Success
- Academic Planning
- Academic Policies
- Academic Probation & Readmission
- Changing Majors
- Understanding Advising Tools
- Degree Progress Report
- Flowcharts & Curriculum Sheets
- GPA Calculator: Log on to your Cal Poly Portal. To access your GPA Calculator, select the “Academics” tab, then click on the “Poly Profile” link. Click on the “GPA Calculator” link.
- Poly Profile
- Degree Planner
- Tentative Course Offerings
Scholarships Offered by the College of Liberal Arts
The CLA has scholarship opportunities for both incoming students and currently enrolled students. Individual departments also offer scholarships specific to their major(s). See the department websites for more information about department or major-specific scholarships.
For information on general CLA scholarships, please email the College of Liberal Arts Dean's Office.
Participate in the Student CSU Research Competition
The CSU Student Research Competition promotes excellence in undergraduate and graduate scholarly research and creative activity by recognizing outstanding student accomplishments throughout the 23 campuses of the California State University. Cash prizes are awarded. The CLA can help you prepare your submission.