Multicultural Scholars Program
The College of Liberal Arts offers programs and services through its Multicultural Scholars Program (MSP) for the purpose of creating a diverse and inclusive educational community. We strive to create an environment for students from historically underserved populations, including Black/African American, Native American/American Indian, Hispanic/Latinx/Chicanx, Asian/Pacific Islander, LGBTQ+, First-Generation, Undocumented, and Low-Income, that create a sense of belonging and support by connecting students to resources designed for personal, academic and professional success.
As part of this program, students will receive free peer-to-peer mentoring within our Underrepresented Student Network and many professional development opportunities. Students will also be assigned to a dedicated Academic Advisor throughout their time at Cal Poly. MSP is an excellent way to make a positive start in your college education, and to start building your connections to your community from day one!
Hi everyone! My name is Alejandra Cebreros, and I am the Multicultural Academic Advisor for the College of Liberal Arts. Through my role, I also coordinate the Multicultural Scholars Program. I’m very excited about this program because students will be provided with many opportunities to build a community and attain resources that will bring them closer to achieving their personal, academic and professional goals. As a first-generation college graduate, I am happy to work with you to access these resources because I believe they are essential in promoting student success. It is my hope that students will benefit from having a strong support network of individuals who will provide them with the guidance, support and resources they need to achieve their goals. We hope you can join us!
- Build community
- Increase Access to Knowledge of Resources
Program Components and Collaborations
- Multicultural Scholars Program Orientation Course
- Academic Advising and Campus Resources
- Professional Development Workshops
- Underrepresented Students Network
- New students are required to attend one Multicultural Scholars Program Workshop each quarter. Workshop submission form can be found here.
- Multicultural Scholars Program Welcome- Friday, September 18 from 2-3 pm
- Navigating the Virtual Learning Environment Workshop- Wednesday, September 23 from 1:10-2:30 pm
- RSVP: USN Speed Mentoring- Monday, October 26 from 4:00-5:00 pm
- RSVP: Registration Workshop- Thursday, October 29 from 2:00-4:00 pm
For more information about the program and the orientation course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!