Conclusion and Next Steps
In conclusion, the College of Liberal Arts is proud of what has been accomplished in the last few years, but is also aware of the fact that this is only a start to what can be achieved. We are committed to progress in this area as one of our core values is to provide a diverse, equitable and inclusive college education to our students, and workplace for our faculty and staff.
- Departments will report on achievements under these five goals on an annual basis as a part of their report to the college.
- Departments will create goals related to DEI on an annual basis devoted to progress in all five areas.
- Regular data will be collected on demographics of faculty, staff and students (including broader social identity characteristics in future years).
- Data on graduation gaps and retention will also be monitored and analyzed on an annual basis.
- The College of Liberal Arts Diversity Action Plan will be revised in 2025.