Expressive Technology Studios
Grounded in Cal Poly’s Learn by Doing mission, the new Jack and Felicia Cashin Expressive Technology Studios (ETS) – at the heart of campus – will create an interdisciplinary space that brings together technology with the liberal arts.
DEVELOPING VERSATILE PROFESSIONALS
The College of Liberal Arts has taken the lead in developing the educational intersection between technology, humanity and the arts through Expressive Technology programs.
Such programs include the Liberal Arts and Engineering Studies (LAES) Program and four minors that explore the connections between Science, Technology and Society (STS).
Our goal is to make sure students have the technical skills they need to succeed in today's world; the experience to collaborate in diverse settings; and the understanding to make reasoned and ethical decisions.
A dynamic, flexible workspace that fosters creativity and collaboration would maximize these efforts.
WHAT WILL BE IN THIS BUILDING
The Jack and Felicia Cashin Expressive Technology Studios will be housed in the William and Linda Frost Center for Research and Innovation (Frost Center).
The Expressive Technology Studios space will include:
- A 3500 sq. ft. multifunctional, flexible studio with a control room
- Acoustic sound studio to produce music and soundscapes
- The same professional hardware and software found in the entertainment industry
- Central hub for collaboration and digital networking
- Editing bays and a digital effects computer lab
SEE YOUR DONATION IN ACTION
Thanks to generous donors like you, we are well on our way to opening a new world of possibilities for Cal Poly students! When students and faculty move into ETS in 2020, they will see a leading-edge facility that can be configured to their specific needs.
Gifts of all sizes will make a difference in the lives of generations of students. Donations of $5,000 and above will be recognized on the building’s donor wall.
- FOUNDER: $1,000,000 & above
- BENEFACTOR: $500,000-$999,999
- LEAD DONOR: $250,000-$499,999
- MAJOR DONOR: $100,000-$249,999
- PATRON: $50,000-$99,999
- ASSOCIATE: $25,000-$49,999
- PARTNER: $10,000-$24,999
- FRIEND: $5,000-$9,999
The Jack and Felicia Cashin Expressive Technology Studios:
- Imagination Studio: $1,500,000
- Immersive Sound Studio: $1,000,000
- Courtyard Performance Pavilion: $1,500,000
- Digital Effects Studio: $750,000
- Control Hub: $500,000
- Video Editing Bays: $500,000
GET IN TOUCH
To learn more about Expressive Technology Studios or make a gift, please call 805-756-6246 or email the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, Philip Williams.