Parent & Family Weekend
Join us on Parent and Family Weekend for "Coffee & Careers: Exploring Where Your Liberal Arts Degree Can Take You" from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 24, in the Performing Arts Center Pavillion.
Students and parents are invited to join College of Liberal Arts staff and students to explore the many career paths of a liberal arts degree and to learn ways to maximize opportunities at Cal Poly.
Come meet Dean Epperson and learn how CLA is leading the way for interdisciplinary opportunities on campus. Hear from career counselors, academic advisors, and student ambassadors about the vast array of career paths for students earning a liberal arts degree from Cal Poly. And get tips on how students can take full advantage of the flexibility of CLA majors.
During the breakout session, explore where a CLA major can take you, meet with advisors and counselors individually, and view department displays.
Coffee and light brunch provided.
CLA Parents & Family Weekend Schedule
Wondering what's going on on Friday? Here's a list of events also being hosted by the College of Liberal Arts:
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m.: “Classes Without Quizzes”, 24-116, Print Electronics Demonstration
- 1-2 p.m.: “Classes Without Quizzes”, 26-226, Tour of Mustang News and KCPR Radio Station
- 1-3 p.m.: “Classes Without Quizzes”, 24-116, Shakespeare Press Museum Letterpress Demonstrations
- 2-3 p.m.: “Classes Without Quizzes”, 45-206, Tour of Scene Shop and Stagecraft Demonstration
- 2:30-3:30 p.m., 4-5 p.m.: “Classes Without Quizzes”, 06-124, Explore the Religious Meaning Behind Wine and Learn to Appreciate the Fruit of the Vine in a Whole New Way
- 3-4 p.m.: “Classes Without Quizzes”, 45-218, Rehearsal with Arab Music Ensemble
- 4-5 p.m.: “Classes Without Quizzes”, 45-218, Arab Music Ensemble Lecture and Demonstration with students and faculty
For more information visit the Cal Poly Parents website.