Cal Poly CLA News

The latest online edition of CLA's Your Impact Magazine

CLA Spring Quarter 2020

This page will be periodically updated with answers to Frequently Asked Questions on various topics related to the current COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic and virtual learning in the College of Liberal Arts this quarter.

  • We strongly encourage students to plan on attending the spring quarter virtually from their permanent home residences. However, those who feel safer at the university, those who have no other housing options and/or those who may have limited access to technology and the internet, are welcome to remain on campus.
  • If you need help with Basic Needs (including housing and food insecurity), please contact Joy Pederson in the Dean of Students Office.

Frequently Asked Questions 

I don't have a computer. What should I do?

If you need a laptop or tablet, email with your needs as soon as possible.

If you are registered with the DRC and need assistive technology, contact the DRC at or at 805-756-1395. 

I don't have access to reliable internet. What should I do?

Several internet service providers are now offering free and low-cost internet service to students without a reliable connection. We strongly encourage you to contact your local internet provider for more information about these programs prior to the start of spring quarter classes on April 6. 

If you are near another California State University (CSU) Campus, the WiFi – Eduroam is accessible on all CSUs.

How do I meet with a CLA advisor this quarter?

The CLA Advising Center is offering Zoom, phone and email advising. For quick questions, you can email You can learn more and schedule a virtual appointment at

What if I need counseling during this difficult time?

Counseling Services are available via phone and Zoom during normal business hours. Schedule an appointment:

How do I complete and turn in forms?

The Office of the Registrar is operating virtually during the spring 2020 term. Please refer to the paperwork processing instructions found at For minor/concentration forms, please contact your department.

More questions?

Answers to several additional questions can be found at Cal Poly’s Coronavirus Website. If you have a question that isn't addressed below, or at the the site above, please submit your question here.

Related Content