Giving to the College of Liberal Arts
1 Grand Avenue
Faculty Offices North
Building 47, Room 31
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0320
State funding provides a foundation for the college’s programs, but your support helps CLA create the margin of excellence in education for which Cal Poly is known.
The resulting excellence of CLA programs is regularly manifested through the scholarly work of its faculty and the outstanding achievements of its students:
- Modern languages and literatures students embrace international experiences, often engaging in service-learning activities while studying abroad.
- Cal Poly’s Debate Team draws students from majors across campus. The team had a banner year, winning several intervarsity tournaments and placing highly in others.
- Political science students are regularly offered competitive internships in national organizations such as the Panetta Institute, the U.S. Department of State, and the Washington Center, as well as in congressional offices.
- Recent accolades earned by graphic communication students include winning the Phoenix Challenge — a prestigious packaging competition — and an international printed electronics award.
- Cal Poly bands and ensembles are invited to perform across the country and the world. The Mustang Band marched in the San Francisco Chinese New Year parade, one of only two university bands invited, while the PolyPhonics and Arab Music ensembles recently performed at Carnegie Hall.
Additionally, CLA’s leadership in interdisciplinary endeavors and its entrepreneurial spirit give students unique opportunities to push boundaries and innovate. With its deep roots in creative thinking, human understanding and innovative action, CLA gives all Cal Poly students the tools to thrive in a complex, multicultural world.
Make an Impact:
Funding allows students to take full advantage of both disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge and skills beyond the classroom through:
- Study abroad
- Clubs and organizations
- Paid internships and assistantships
- Student publications
- Entrepreneurial projects
- Conferences and presentations
To provide the best educational experience possible, CLA seeks outstanding educators who are also excellent scholars. External funding helps create an environment that nurtures faculty excellence by supporting teaching, research, creative activity and faculty development opportunities.
Mail the form and check to:
Cal Poly College of Liberal Arts
Office of Advancement
One Grand Ave #47-31
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407