Multicultural Program for Student Engagement and Inclusion
The College of Liberal Arts offers programs and services through its Multicultural Program for Student Engagement and Inclusion for the purpose of creating a diverse and inclusive educational community. We strive to create an environment for students from historically underserved populations, including Black/African American, Native American/American Indian, Hispanic/Latinx/Chicanx, Asian/Pacific Islander, LGBTQ+, First-Generation, Undocumented, and Low-Income, that create a sense of belonging and support by connecting students to resources designed for personal, academic and professional success.
Hi everyone! My name is Alejandra Cebreros, and I am the Multicultural Academic Advisor for the College of Liberal Arts. Through my role, I also coordinate the new Multicultural Program for Student Engagement and Inclusion (MPSEI). I’m very excited about this program because students will be provided with many opportunities to build a community and attain resources that will bring them closer to achieving their personal, academic and professional goals. As a first-generation college graduate, I am happy to work with you to access these resources because I believe they are essential in promoting student success. It is my hope that students will benefit from having a strong support network of individuals who will provide them with the guidance, support and resources they need to achieve their goals. Throughout our program, we will seek to empower and support our community of scholars through programs such as our Living Learning Program, Peer Mentoring Class, linked courses and workshops and activities. We hope you can join us!
If you are interested in joining MPSEI, please email Alejandra at email@example.com.
To empower and support a community of scholars.
- Living Learning Program
- Linked Courses
- First-Generation Student Peer Mentoring Classes
- New Freshman offered fall quarter
- New Transfers offered fall quarter
- Welcome BBQ | Muir Hall | 6:30 PM | October 2, 2018
- College Tips: Panel Discussion | Muir Hall | 5:00 PM | October 11, 2018
- Study Hour & Drop-in Advising | Bldg. 10, Room 128 | 11 AM- Noon | Thursdays
- Diversity and Inclusion: What It Means and Where We Are | Muir Hall | 11:30 AM- 12:30 PM | November 2, 2018
- Registration Workshop | Muir Hall | 5:10 PM- 7:00 PM | November 7, 2018
- Fall-Into Trivia Night | Muir Hall | 5:00 PM- 7:00 PM | November 13, 2018
Workshops and Events
- Welcome Event
- Speaker Series- Faculty, Staff, and Community Members
- Community Involvement- Leadership and Volunteer Opportunities
- Registration Workshop
- FAFSA Workshop
- Counseling Services Workshop
- Socials with Student Clubs
- Movie/Game Night
- Housing Workshop
- Setting and Achieving Goals Workshop
- Career Services Workshop
- Study Abroad Workshop
- Stress Management Workshop